sweet potato chia seed waffles
This waffle is loaded with nutrients including protein, fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and beta-carotene. Vegan, gluten-free, and low in sugar these waffles are a wonderful way to start your morning. Store leftovers in the fridge and heat in a toaster oven for healthy breakfasts in the coming days!
Makes: 4 Medium Waffles
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-20 Minutes
- 2 cups Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed + cooked (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- Add chia seeds and Svelte® French Vanilla together in a bowl and stir to combine. Let sit for 15+ minutes to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger) in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add thickened chia seed mixture, cooked sweet potatoes, and melted coconut oil to a blender or food processor and mix to combine.
- Add blended mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine. Batter will be thick.
- Lightly coat waffle iron in coconut oil or use a nonstick spray.
- Add batter by the spoonful to the waffle iron and close to cook. Depending on your waffle iron this may take several minutes. If your iron has an indicator when finished, you may need to disregard and continue cooking until the outside is crispy and inside is soft and set.
- Top as you please — recommended using peanut butter and yogurt or with syrup, blueberries, and cacao nibs.