steel cut oats 2 ways
Fill up on fiber and protein with steel cut oats! A simple and hearty breakfast, oats are a great canvas to dress up with healthy add-ins and toppings. Try your favorite clean eating go-to’s or follow our lead with topping recommendations below.
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Drizzle of maple syrup
Toppings — French Vanilla Oats
- 2-3 tablespoons Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 fig
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Toppings — Chocolate Oats
- 2-3 tablespoons of Svelte® Chocolate Protein Shake
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Boil water in medium-sized pot.
- Add salt and steel cut oats to boiling water. Cover with lid and turn heat down to low.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until oats are cooked to desired tenderness and thickness.
- Drizzle maple syrup over oats and stir in for sweetness.
- For French Vanilla Oats top with Svelte® French Vanilla, blueberries, fig, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and cinnamon.
For Chocolate Oats top with Svelte® Chocolate, pomegranate, chia seeds, almond butter, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes.