sprinkle sugar cookies
Sometimes you need a little sugar in life! These colorful sugar cookies are made with dairy-free Svelte® protein shake — making them vegan. Enjoy them super soft or with a little crunch.
Makes: 12-14 Cookies
Prep Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8-14 Minutes
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake + extra as needed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles.
- In a separate bowl mix together sugar, oil, Svelte®, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix together wet and dry mixtures until well combined. Dough should all stick together in a ball. If too crumbly, add more Svelte® until dough comes together.
- Refrigerate dough for 1+ hour (this step can be skipped — but it helps keep cookies from thinning out while baking).
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet in a small ball and flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving space between cookies. You will likely need 2 baking sheets to fit all of the cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes (for a soft cookie) to 14 minutes (for a crunchier cookie). Cookies should be light brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*Recipe modified from The Mostly Vegan