Munch away on these energizing pizzelles made with matcha green tea powder! A twist on the classic Italian cookie, these healthy treats are low in refined sugar and high in fiber + protein. Enjoy as part of your breakfast, a healthy snack, or dessert!
Makes: 10 Pizzelles
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-20 Minutes
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Add 1 tablespoon of flaxseed to 2 tablespoons of warm water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Plug in pizzelle maker to preheat.
- Put oats in a blender or food processor and mix until a flour is formed, 60 seconds or less.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix oat flour with coconut sugar, matcha powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix rested flaxseed + water, Svelte® French Vanilla, and melted coconut oil together.
- Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredient mixture and stir until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spray pizzelle maker with cooking oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of batter per pizzelle to your heated and oiled pizzelle maker. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until baked — a longer bake will result in a crispier pizzelle.
- Remove pizzelle from pizzelle maker and lay flat to cool or roll into cones. Pizzelles will be pliable while warm and harden as they cool.
- Repeat steps 8-10 until all of the batter has been used. Recipe makes 10 pizzelles (may vary depending on pizzelle maker).
- Enjoy pizzelles with coconut butter, yogurt and fruit, nut butter, chocolate hummus, or other toppings as you see fit!