pink pitaya pancakes
Pretty in pink! These vegan ombré pancakes are not only lovely to look at, but they also taste delicious and are filled with nutrients. With loads of fiber, protein, and natural color from pitaya powder — these amazing cakes will leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day!
Makes: 10-12 Small Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 1 11 oz. Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Up to 2 tablespoons pitaya powder
- Up to 1 tablespoon acai powder
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Add apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to Svelte® and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Blend Svelte® mixture and remaining ingredients together — except for coconut oil, pitaya + acai powders — and let sit an additional 5 minutes.
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat. Use coconut oil to lightly coat the pan + prevent sticking.
- Cook pancakes a few minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Start with 1 pancake with plain batter and then slowly add pitaya powder roughly 1 teaspoon at a time for an increased pink color in each pancake. For the last few pancakes also add 1 teaspoon acai powder for a darker purple color.
- Top as you please — we used coconut shreds, jam, and fresh strawberries.