lemon coconut energy bites
These zesty balls are full of goodness! Each bite has fresh citrus, healthy fats, and plant-based proteins. Vegan and gluten-free, these energy bites are the perfect way to start your day or boost your afternoon!
Makes: 25-30 Bites
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 10 Medjool dates, pits removed
- ½ rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for coating
- Juice from 1 small lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Zest from 1 small lemon (roughly 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons Svelte® Banana Crème
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- If your dates are dry, soak in warm water for a few minutes until slightly soft and sticky.
- In a food processor (or powerful blender) mix together all ingredients until well-combined.
- Scoop a rounded teaspoon and roll mixture into a bite-sized ball. Repeat until all the mixture is used — you should have roughly 25-30 balls.
- Roll balls in extra shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, or enjoy as is. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.