dairy-free thai iced tea
Tea lovers — this one’s for you! Enjoy a cool Thai Iced Tea without the artificial dyes that are typically used. Made with black tea and filled with spices, this refreshing drink is sure to hit the spot. Top it off with Svelte® French Vanilla for a creamy boost of protein!
Prep Time: 45+ Minutes
- 4 black tea bags OR 4 tablespoons loose leaf black tea
- 2 green cardamom pods (10 seeds)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 anise stars
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1-2 Svelte French Vanilla protein shakes
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into a separate container for brewing.
- Add black tea and spices to the heated water and let steep 30+ minutes. Use a filter bag for loose tea and spices to keep them contained or you will need to strain out at the end.
- Remove filter bag or strain tea and serve over ice. Make sure you leave room to add 1/4+ cup of Svelte French Vanilla to each glass.