coffee oat breakfast sandwiches
Prep these coffee and oatmeal breakfast sandwiches now and enjoy them all week long! They are filled with fiber, protein, and low in sugar. Easy to grab and go in the morning or enjoy throughout the day as a healthy snack!
Makes: 6 Breakfast Sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup Svelte® Cappuccino Protein Shake
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats (ground/blended into flour)
- 1 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Plain yogurt of choice (for filling)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together dry ingredients (oat flour, steel cut oats, baking powder, ground coffee, salt).
- Mix together wet ingredients (Svelte®, mashed banana, syrup).
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let sit for 5+ minutes to thicken.
- Stir in cacao nibs if using.
- Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined baking tray — forming 12 cookies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cookies start to brown around the edges. Bake longer for a crunchier cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Spread yogurt on 6 of the cookies (use a generous amount — 2 tablespoons or so each).
- Top the yogurt with another cookie and enjoy as is or stick in the freezer.
- Keep cookies in the freezer for up to 1 week.