chocolate zucchini donuts
Using apple cider vinegar and Svelte® organic protein shakes, this recipe is filled with energy boosting nutrients. These chocolate donuts are vegan, gluten-free, and sneak in some veggies. So soft and delicious, nobody will know they are healthy!
Makes: 6 Donuts
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
- 3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/6 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Svelte® Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1/4 cup zucchini, shredded with excess liquid removed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the glaze
- .7 oz dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 355° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the glaze) and stir to combine.
- Grease donut pan and add batter – recipe makes 6 regular sized donuts.
- Bake at 355° for 10-12 minutes, or until baked through.
- Let donuts cool in the pan. Once cool, run a toothpick or knife along the edges of each and turn the pan over onto a baking sheet. Gently tap until donuts fall free.
- Prepare glaze by bringing about .5 inches of water to a low boil in a saucepan. Put chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set on top of saucepan, making sure it doesn’t come in contact with the water.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl and stir slowly as the chocolate melts.
- Frost cooled donuts by dipping them in the melted chocolate glaze.
- Top as desired — we used shaved coconut, almond slivers, pumpkin seeds, chocolate covered hemp seeds, goji berries, and rainbow sprinkles!