chocolate tahini cookies
Whip up a batch of these Chocolate Tahini Protein Cookies made with black beans and chia seeds! Vegan, gluten-free, and with no refined sugars added — these soft and decadent cookies are a great way to indulge.
Makes: 8-10 Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons Svelte® Chocolate Protein Shake
- 2 dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add black beans (rinsed + drained if using a can), coconut oil, tahini, Svelte®, dates, and chia seeds to a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Let sit 5+ minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, cacao powder, rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
4. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until well-combined. Batter should be thick and smooth (like a cake batter).
5. Drop batter onto the lined baking sheet, forming roughly 9 circles.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will be soft and have slight cracks across the top.
7. Remove from oven and top with toasted sesame seeds.