chocolate mug cake
Bake a cake and enjoy it too! This microwave mug cake is ready in just a few minutes and tastes delicious. Enjoy on its own or top with coconut peppermint whip for an extra tasty treat.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Bake Time: 45 Seconds
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 3 tablespoons Svelte® Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon applesauce or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
Coconut Mint Whip
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (cooled in the refrigerator for 3+ hours)
- Peppermint extract to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract — optional
- Mix oat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt together until very well combined.
- Add Svelte® Chocolate, maple syrup, and applesauce/oil and stir until batter just comes together.
- Transfer batter to a mug/ramekin and microwave for 45+ seconds until the top is cooked, but still moist.
- Enjoy as is or top with coconut peppermint whip — made by whipping the hardened coconut cream at the top of a cold can of full fat coconut milk (not including the liquid below) until firm and adding several drops of peppermint extract.