We love chocolate in the morning! Try these fudgy vegan crepes with yogurt or fresh fruit for an indulgent breakfast or dessert. They have a delicious chocolate flavor without using refined sugar.
Makes: 10 Crepes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Wait Time: 45+ Minutes
Cook Time: 2–3 Minutes Each
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup Svelte® Chocolate Protein Shake
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Add all ingredients (except coconut oil) to a bowl and mix until completely blended without lumps. We used an electric hand mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator to rest for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add a drop of coconut oil and spread around the pan.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to the heated skillet and slowly rotate the pan immediately so the batter spreads around the surface.
- Cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- Remove from the skillet and continue cooking the remaining batter.
- Fill the cooked crepes with fresh fruit or yogurt.