chocolate chip almond skillet cookie
Looking for the perfect dessert? This skillet cookie is packed with protein and low in sugar. Warm, delicious, and gluten-free — everyone will enjoy this healthy plant-based treat. Enjoy with a scoop of 2-Ingredient Banana Nice Cream on top!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 4 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil – solid at room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- ½ cup (4 oz) chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325° F and grease an 8″ iron skillet with oil. (You can also cut the recipe in half and use a 6″ iron skillet)
- Mix together flaxseed meal and water and set aside for 5+ minutes to thicken.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and thickened flaxseed mix.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Combine both mixtures and add Svelte®, dark chocolate, and sliced almonds to form dough.
- Move the cookie dough to the greased skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned (15-20 minutes if using 6″ skillet + recipe). If you want an extra crispy top, try finishing in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch closely as it can burn quickly!
- Let cool 10+ minutes before serving.
*Recipe modified from: Fit Mitten Kitchen