carrot cake baked oats
Nothing beats a warm and hearty bowl of oats in the morning! With a crispy top and delicious gooey center, these oats will remind you of carrot cake. This recipe is a wonderful way to start your day filled with healthy goodness including grated carrot, flax meal, and turmeric.
Prep Time: 5 Minute
Bake Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup Svelte® Spiced Chai Protein Shake
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup + more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- Splash of vanilla
- Yogurt and coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a small baking dish with cooking oil.
- Mix all ingredients except for yogurt + coconut in a separate bowl until well combined. Transfer to oiled baking dish and top with additional walnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes and top as desired. We used plain yogurt, dried coconut shreds, and maple syrup.
*Recipe modified from: Clean Eats by Tay