cappuccino chocolate vegan cheesecake bites
These healthy cheesecake bites are just the treat you are looking for! Made with cashews, almonds, and dates — each bite is filled with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Whip up a batch and watch them disappear!
Makes: 18 Mini Bites
Soak Time: 2 Hours
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Freeze Time: 2 Hours
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup pitted dates (soaked in water for 15 minutes if dry)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 5 tablespoons Svelte® Cappuccino Protein Shake
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- Cover cashews in water and add a pinch of salt + a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 2 hours covered with a towel.
- Rinse cashews well and discard soaking water.
- In a blender or food processor mix together CRUST ingredients until a paste is formed.
- Press CRUST paste into muffin tins — either 1 teaspoon for mini cups or 1 heaping tablespoon for regular size cups. Use muffin liners or place a small strip of baking paper under the crust for easy removal.
- Place CRUST in muffin tins in the freezer while you work on the FILLING.
- Mix FILLING ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixed FILLING on top of CRUST in muffin tins. Return to freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Drizzle with chocolate (optional) and enjoy! The cheesecake bites will keep in a closed container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.