blue chia seed pudding
Breakfast fit for a mermaid! Try making this chia seed pudding with butterfly pea flower tea. High in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein this colorful dish is a great way to power up. Please note: Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult with a doctor before consuming butterfly pea flower tea.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Wait Time: 4+ Hours
- 1 cup Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 10+ dried butterfly pea flowers OR 1 teaspoon butterfly pea flower powder
- *If using dried butterfly pea flowers — add the flowers to a tea infuser. In an appropriate container heat Svelte® in the microwave in 30 second intervals until hot, or over low heat on the stovetop in a saucepan. Pour heated Svelte® into a cup and add tea infuser with flowers. Let sit, stirring often, until a rich blue color. *If using butterfly pea flower powder — heat Svelte® as noted above and stir in powder until dissolved.
- Mix infused Svelte® with chia seeds. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator 4+ hours or overnight.
- Top as you please and enjoy! We used a yogurt flower, blueberries + chocolate covered blueberries with hemp seeds, and crumbled butterfly pea flowers served in a coconut bowl.