Fall flavors are here and they are some of our favorites — including foods like sweet potato, pumpkin, carrots, and pear. Using produce that is in season is not only good for your wallet, it also ensures you eat the best tasting and most nutritious foods. Shop at a farmer’s market or look to purchase fruits and veggies grown locally for the freshest and most sustainable options. In need of some delicious recipe inspiration to accompany your fall haul? These are some of our favorite vegan and gluten-free recipes using seasonal flavors:
Golden Milk Latte
Many have turned to this beverage for its noted health benefits. It gets its yellow color from turmeric — an Asian spice used medicinally for centuries. This flavor-filled drink is thought to help with inflammation, boost immunity, and more. The perfect nutritious treat to warm you up on a cool fall day!
- 1 11 oz. Svelte® French Vanilla Protein Shake
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted (optional)
- Mix spices together.
- To get Svelte® French Vanilla frothy, shake it up in a larger, enclosed container for 30-60 seconds. Then heat in the microwave in a microwave safe container in 30 second intervals until hot, or over low heat on the stove top in a saucepan.
- Mix spices, Svelte® French Vanilla, and melted coconut oil together.
Carrot Cake Baked Oats
There is nothing better than starting a cool morning with a warm bowl of oats! Filled with fiber, protein, and cozy fall flavors — this breakfast has it all. Enjoying a lazy morning? These oats are ready in 30 minutes including bake time.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup Svelte® Spiced Chai Protein Shake
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup + more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- Splash of vanilla
- Yogurt and coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a small baking dish with cooking oil.
- Mix all ingredients except for yogurt + coconut in a separate bowl until well combined. Transfer to oiled baking dish and top with additional walnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes and top as desired. We used plain yogurt, dried coconut shreds, and maple syrup.
Recipe modified from: Clean Eats by Tay
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Smoothie + Chai Chia Seed Pudding Parfait
Do you love pumpkin everything? This smoothie parfait is for you! This tasty dish is a vitamin A powerhouse and will help to protect your immune system and vision. Chia seeds add antioxidants, fiber, protein, and additional vitamins and minerals. Do you have a busy week? Prep these parfaits ahead of time to grab and go in the morning!
Spiced Chai Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups Svelte® Spiced Chai Protein Shake
- ½ cup chia seeds
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Smoothie
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup Svelte® Spiced Chai
- Mix Svelte® Spiced Chai and chia seeds together in container with a lid and refrigerate 4+ hours or overnight to make Spiced Chai Chia Seed Pudding.
- Add pumpkin puree, sweet potato, banana, and Svelte® Spiced Chai to blender and blend together until smooth.
- Layer Sweet Potato Pumpkin Smoothie and Spiced Chai Chia Seed Pudding in a mason jar. The recipe should make 2-3 jars.
- Top as desired – we used almond butter, granola, pumpkin seeds, dates, coconut and nutmeg.
Banana Zucchini Muffins
Use up the last of your late summer zucchini with these healthy muffins made with fresh produce. Enjoy these moist muffins as part of your morning breakfast, as a nutritious midday snack, or a post dinner treat! Gluten-free and filled with fiber, these muffins will be a satisfying treat to all ages.
- ¼ cup Svelte® French Vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¾ cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- ¾ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips or nuts (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin tin.
- Add the Svelte®, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mash banana and add to the mixture.
- Shred zucchini and remove excess moisture with a towel. Mix in with other ingredients.
- Add the ground oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix together.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffins tins. One batch makes 8-9 average sized muffins.
- Sprinkle the tops with the chocolate chips (if desired) and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 355°F and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Pear Ginger Smoothie
Featuring bold flavors like ginger and Svelte® Spiced Chai, this yummy smoothie is the perfect fall treat! It is packed with an assortment of nutrients from fresh greens, pears, and almond butter. Blend up a batch anytime of day for a cool pick-me-up.
- 1 cup Svelte® Spiced Chai Protein Shake
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced pears
- ½ cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add Svelte® Spiced Chai, spinach, pears, yogurt, almond butter, ginger, and vanilla extract to blender and blend together until smooth.
Gingerbread Energy Bites
Are you a gingerbread fan? These delicious snack balls are just what you need! Easy to prep and store all week — munch on these bites when you need a quick energy boost. This recipe is free of refined sugars, using dates and maple syrup for sweetness.
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-2 tablespoons Svelte® Spiced Chai
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- Process dates in a blender or food processor until a paste is formed.
- Add rolled oats, pecans, flaxseed meal, molasses, Svelte® Spiced Chai, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt. Process until mostly smooth.
- Roll mixture into bite-sized balls. Can eat as is or roll in extra nuts, cocoa powder, or crystallized ginger.
These nutritious recipes are the perfect way to fuel your fall! Featuring Svelte® plant-based protein shakes and fresh seasonal ingredients all recipes listed are free of dairy and gluten.